Oct 3, 2006

Josh vs. the extinct volcano

This past weekend a big gai-jin crew and myself tackled Mount Kaimon with great success. We got off to a late start but made it down in time before it was dark. It was a wonderful day and the weather was great. Mt. Kaimon is only a 15 min drive from my house and I can always see it from anywhere in town... so climbing it has been on my mind... it took us about 2 hours each way.

Saturday night all the folks that came down for the climb stay/partied at my house.... we checked out the local izakaya (japanese bar/pub type place) for a bit and a few new local japanese friends came by too.

Sunday morning it was nice and hot so we all went down to the beach for a bit... sooo nice to swim on October 1st!

The crew...

My town off in the distance... that stretch of coast is my beach..

Lucky and I
Lucky, Marta, Casey, and Harry

Relaxo time after the hike..

No comments: