Sep 25, 2006

Ei-Town Arrival

I arrived in Ei-Town August 9th... and was greeted at the airport in Kagoshima City by my new boss. He had a sweet sign, and even knew it was my birthday (see picture). We drove a few hours to my town, throwing down as many yes/no answers as possible. He had me over to his house for dinner with his family... they even brought out a chocolate cake with candles! I lit some firecrackers with his kids and played some japanese kids games with his kids... went home quite exhausted... and had to be at work early the next day!

Ei-Town is a really beautiful place... surrounded by green tea fields, a few mountains, and faces the South China Sea... some half decent surf too!

I live in the middle of the town in a decent sized japanese style house, right around the corner from the board of education office where I work out of, when I'm not teaching at various schools around the area. There is the town's central onsen ( japanese hot springs bath house) across the street from me, and all the shops I need for everyday life within close walking distance.... even a 24-hour conbini around the corner.

I was treated to an awsome sunset (see picture) on my second night here, when I went exploring in my new car for the first time and stopped at a little park on a cliff overlooking the ocean.

No comments: